Meet and greet takes on a whole new meaning when you visit the Smoky Mountain Llama Treks farm! Learn about the llamas, pet them, feed them and see where they live.
Padgett Mill Trail, Lunch with Llamas & Farm Visit
- Padgett Mill Trek
- Person Ages 13+
- Child Ages 5 - 12 years old
- Padgett Mill Lunch with Llamas
- People Need to be at least 5 years old for the treks
The Padgett Mill Trail begins at the Smoky Mountain Llama Treks farm in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.
Because of this, both the Padgett Mill and Lunch with llamas treks include a shortened farm visit where you can meet, feed, and interact with the llama herd including our newer llamas.
Following the farm visit, we hike up Padgett Mill with the llamas. Please note: this is a mountain trail through the forest. There are tree roots, the terrain is uneven, and there is an uphill climb at the beginning of the trail. (The elevation increases approximately 300 feet in about a quarter of a mile.) However, we’ll take as many breaks as hikers need to complete the trek.
The woods are quite dense in the summer, but there is still one spot where you can see the picturesque Smoky Mountain National Park. The scenic Smoky Mountain long-range vistas are much more visible in the winter and early spring.
COST OF TREK
- Short Trek: $55 for Adults $45 for Kids + Tax Per Person – includes shortened Llama Farm Visit
- Lunch with the llamas: $65 for Adults $55 for Kids + Tax Per Person – You will need to bring your own lunch and beverages (due to food allergies and Covid19) After your Padgett Mill hike with your llama you will be directed to our deck with picnic tables for you to enjoy your lunch as you look at the llamas on the other side of a split rail fence and your more than welcome to interact with them if you so choose.
- Trail Level – (EASY to MODERATE)
- TYPE: Wooded with a steep section at the beginning
- LENGTH / TIME: 1 mile – approx. 1 to 1.5 hours
- ELEVATION: 1200 ft
- 640 Padgett Mill Road, Cosby, TN.
- DISTANCE FROM GATLINBURG / PIGEON FORGE: 30 min.
- ROAD / DRIVE: Paved, NARROW gravel roads
- OPEN TO PUBLIC: No, Private Property